Core Curriculum for Interventional Physicians: LUMBAR
The lumbar modules are the building blocks for all interventional pain physicians. As an IPSIS member*, you can purchase this educational offering and dive into these topics. For an optimal learning experience, it is highly recommended that you view the videos in order.
Topics covered in the lumbar modules are:
- Anatomy, Technique, and the Evidence Base
- Interlaminar Epidural Injections
- Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections(Supraneural)
- Medial Branch Blocks
- S1 Transforaminal Epidural Injections
- Lumbar Anatomy for the Pain Management Physician
- Principles of Fluoroscopy and Radiation Safety
- Steroid Preparations for Transforaminal Epidural Injections: Safety and Efficacy
- Procedural Safety: Risk Mitigation in Basic Lumbar Procedures
© 2020 International Pain & Spine Intervention Society – All Rights Reserved
Materials presented in this activity have been made available by the International Pain & Spine Intervention Society for educational purposes only. We reserve all rights to such material.
*Continual membership is expected to access the modules in your member profile.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Analyze the imaging depiction of the relevant anatomy;
- Relate patient history and physical exam findings with imaging to achieve a likely diagnosis of the spinal pathology causing the patient’s pain or dysfunction;
- Describe the literature support for the efficacy of the procedures;
- Identify the risks and benefits of each procedure, as well as assessment, prevention, and treatment of potential complications;
- Apply technically correct performance of the spinal procedures using safe fluoroscopic guidance with minimal tissue injury or discomfort
Activity Reviewers: Jason Eldrige, MD and Ronald Wasserman, MD
None of the planners or speakers had relevant financial relationships with ACCME-defined ineligible companies.
References are provided within the speakers presentations.
No commercial support was received for this activity.
The International Pain & Spine Intervention Society (IPSIS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
IPSIS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Original Release Date: 01/21/2020
Original Author and Planner: Timothy Maus, MD
Nothing to disclose
Renewal Date: 02/01/2022
Expiration Date: 01/31/2025